- The Bottom Line
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet. This file assists your web developers in creating a consistent look and feel for your site without having to copy and paste the same material on each individual page.
Simply put, they are scripts and files in their advanced state.
As these files expand over time, they might become clogged with items such as:
- Lines that aren’t absolutely necessary
- There is no such thing as white space.
- Source code annotations
- External server hosting is available.
- How to Fix in a WordPress Site
- How to Fix in Content Management Systems Other Than WordPress (CMS)
- How to Fix Old School Computers That Don’t Have CMS
“There’s a plugin for that,” is our go-to response to any WordPress-related difficulty.
- To address these issues, install a plugin.
2. Install, activate, and configure your preferred file-mining plugin.
Click the Minify ON button in CSS settings, JS settings, and HTML settings, as follows:
Then click Save Changes. It fixed. Please re-run auditing your site.
WordPress is the content management system used by over half of the top 1 million websites on the internet, according to BuiltWith trend monitoring. If you don’t use WordPress for personal reasons but still use a popular CMS with comparable third-party applications, take a look at any of the links below. You could be on your way to discovering your next favourite Drupal module or Joomla or Magento plugin.
Please keep in mind that we are not necessarily supporting the tools listed above; we are only listing them as the most prevalent CMS tools at the time of writing.
Have you tried any of the apps listed above? How did they go for you? Please let us know in the comments section so that we can share your experience with other readers!
At the same time, you might not be able to accomplish anything.
If you use Kentico as your web content management system, for example, you can configure minification for these files directly in the administration section.
It’s okay, I was astounded to learn this as well. However, read the documentation.
There may be nothing you can do if your website was designed with Squarespace or Wix.
- Squarespace claims that their platform includes minification.
- Wix, on the other hand, does not appear to give its consumers the option to change this OR include it as a standard solution.
Again, we are not advocating the Uglify suite of tools; we are only offering this as the most prevalent “old school” approach at the time of writing. Feel free to continue, but proceed with caution.
And, if you’ve used the Uglify applications successfully, let us know in a chat how they went so we can share your experience with others.
The Bottom Line
BusiBoom has many Senior Digital Marketing Strategist at Direct Online Marketing. All of them are over 10-year SEO veteran. Read more about our SEO Services.